Remember me for “I will always Love you” and Not….| Whitney on Valentines Day

After hearing the death of Whitney Houston, I sat down to think? What should I write about her, I did not know her personally and I certainly did not want to be like every media talking about drug overdose without having the facts right. And even if it was, did her drug abuse mean a damn thing to me at this point? Was it her legacy?

Today February 14th, “The Love Day”, the day we all show  love beyond the everyday love. The roses, the chocolate, the I love you, the I love you too booboo, the “special” love making some of us couples look forward to. I have something to question about that but i know best to keep my mouth shut before my valentines day turn sour.lol

A song keeps playing in my head over and over again, slipping through my voice box, I hum the chorus softly underneath my breath; “And I will always love you oouuu, I will always love you, my darling you”. Without knowing the full song but loving the chorus which always soothing my soul, it finally dawned on me what Whitney Houston meant to me. LOVE. This is what Whitney meant to me, LOVE. A God giving gift with a sweet voice that sung love songs to bring lovely people together, the lyrics that mended broken marriages, the passion that inspired us not to be ashamed of expressing our Love to each other, the inspiration of  loving beyond our families. Love. This is what she should mean to us, this is what she should be remembered for.

Many a times, we turn to forget the true identity of a person, their impact in our lives but always seem to pull a blanket with their, troubles and trials they go through forgetting we also go through the same but in a different scene. We turn to label them by that, forgetting who they truely are. We saw the same happen to Micheal Jackson as he was labeled a child molester forgetting every good he had done, we have seen this in many others and even those living today. Let Chris Brown get an achievement and best believe his Rihanna story will crop up somewhere. Maybe this is life, but life that I don’t get when the dead can not even be laid to rest peacefully. I say this as I was appalled by a certain media who decided to label “Crack cocaine user Houston, 48, was found dead under the bath water” . What happened to the culture of respecting the dead. What happen to the value of her family. Have we lost that also.

Just as Bob Marley  remembers us of one love one heart, let Whitney Houstons “I will always love you” be remembered today and always as we celebrate Valentines Day. I have one request, can we dedicate ” I will always love you”as the official  valentines day anthem for 2012?

If I should stay,
I would only be in your way.
So I’ll go, but I know
I’ll think of you ev’ry step of the way.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
You, my darling you. Hmm.

Bittersweet memories
That is all I’m taking with me.
So, goodbye. Please, don’t cry.
We both know I’m not what you, you need.

I will always love you.

I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you’ve dreamed of.
And I wish to you, joy and happiness.
But above all this, I wish you love.

I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I, I will always love you.

You, darling, I love you.
Ooh, I’ll always, I’ll always love you.

The following two tabs change content below.
"I can't change the world but I believe I can have a positive impact on one person to motivate another person, to influence a change. I believe you and I can inspire the WORLD."

Comments Closed

Comments are closed.

F
F
Twitter
orijinculture on Twitter
people follow orijinculture
Twitter Pic Y
F
Invalid username, no pictures, or instagram servers not found
Invalid username, no pictures, or instagram servers not found
F