| Register
Lost Password

A password will be emailed to you.

Culturally Misunderstood

breast ironing: In Africa
‘Female on Female...

Imagine at the age of 10, your body begins to undergo weird changes. These things start to...

Rihanna island girls crazy
Island Girls are Crazy! Ask...

Earlier this summer I took a trip to New York and had a chance encounter with a...

Sambia Tribe of Papua New Guinea. homosexuality or not?
Masculinisation or...

In today’s society, we have to be careful about how we view and portray cultural practices as...

1 Corinthians 13-11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child...
Describe Africa to a child? 1...

1 Corinthians 13:11; When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a...

Somaila nation of poets
Somalia: A ‘Nation of...

When Somalia is mentioned, many of us automatically conjure up images of malnourished or starving children, internal...

Child Sacrifice: photo by Marco Vernaschi
Is this REALLY Africa?!: Child...

I recently came across an “investigative” BBC report about the issue of child sacrifice by ‘witch doctors’...

daughter, african woman
Daddy what does it take to be...

The other day I was writing away in my notebook when a friend stopped to ask what...

No man no cry? : Cultural Misconception of what it means to be a man in Africa ?
No man no cry? : Cultural...

May 17th 2006 The date remains burnt into my subconscious like a dodgy hairstyle that you thought was...

Extramarital-Affair-Zimbabwe-Small-houses
Extramarital Affair. Rocking...

‘ Small House: ‘A Zimbabwean expression describing an extramarital affair or a party involved in one. It usually...

Rihanna: sexual expression
Quick Call a Dr. “Sexual...

I remember reading a brief article online about Rihanna’s recent appearance and participation in her country’s yearly...

Better to be Mixed Race
Rejected from both. Is Mixed...

Is Mixed Race “really” better? I came across this video by Dr Aarathi Prasad which claims to investigate...

why-question-my-blackness
“Black” or what? :...

As a light skinned African American woman, I’ve grown up with questions about my “authenticity”. When people...

DANCE
Train up a child in the way he...

Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will...

bob marley marcus garvy
“How Long Shall They Kill Our...

“Emancipate yourself from mental slavery….none but ourselves can free our minds.” These words by reggae legend Bob...

LABIA ELONGATION (GUKUNA IMISHINO)
African Sex + Culture Series 1:...

I remember at the age of 13, a few weeks after I had succumbed to the calls...

libyan-rapper
Rap Music in Libya: Serving as...

Remember those days when rap and hip hop music were more than just catchy hooks, the bling...

africa
Proud to be a Rwandan

I remember my mother once saying in a disgruntled voice that all she had been doing since...

womanhood
My father told me, “Women are...

My father at an early age told me, “Women are queens and should be treated as such....

Page 1 of 212»