| Register
Lost Password

A password will be emailed to you.

OrijinBlog

traditional-gay-marriage
Does being Gay affect your...

Once upon a time there were songs like “Log-on I step on chichi-man” and “Rastaman don’t apologize...

im-not-my-brothers-keeper
I am Not My Brother’s Keeper

A couple years ago, I was having a debate with a colleague of mine about slavery. It...

rising-Misty-Copeland
Rise up ladies or bow down...

This past week I accompanied an intimate group of women and young girls, including my 12 year...

blackstar
Do you see a BlackStar rising?

He ripped-off her garment and raped her of her gold. He taught her what she did not...

Photo by Abdelhak Senna / AFP - Getty Images
Debate: Belgian MP refuses to...

Belgium MP, LAURENT LOUIS, gave an impassioned speech about is opposition to supporting war efforts in Mali. In...

KellieD
Kellie Dantzler: Living a Life...

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” With this quote, Dr. Seuss echoes the...

poet, spoken-word, artist
Indigo Thread Artist Spotlight...

Interview by Michelle Flowers “I am that I am,” is the mantra that begins the contemplative theatrical piece...

What if Obama wins? What if he loses?
What if Obama wins? What if he...

A recent survey conducted jointly by Quinnipiac University, CBS News, and the New York Times showed that...

Tommie Smith Black Power Fist Olympics
Blacks and the Olympics: Why do...

When watching highlights of the London 2012 Olympic Games, I was amused when I saw some table...

Big Bold and Beautiful
Beauty in Mauritania – A...

When we think of beautiful, desirable women, the western world associates these adjectives to thin, fit women...

breast ironing: In Africa
‘Female on Female...

Imagine at the age of 10, your body begins to undergo weird changes. These things start to...

Kwame Nkrumah : Forward ever, backwards Never.
Ghana “We face neither East...

Today April 27th, 2012 marks the 40th year since the death of Ghana’s first President, Dr. Kwame...

orijin-whitney-houston- orijinculture.com
“Did We Fail...

Did we fail Whitney?… now I know some will jolt back in disbelief that I would even...

whitney-houston
Remember me for “I will...

After hearing the death of Whitney Houston, I sat down to think? What should I write about...

bobmarley
my Orijin | Bob Marley

Today February 6th 2012,marks the day the legendary Bob Marley was born. An Icon born in 1945...

Massai: Photo by Frantisek Staud
Happy Independence Day to the...

As one of the most diverse and most developed and economically robust nations in Africa, Kenya has...

Rihanna island girls crazy
Island Girls are Crazy! Ask...

Earlier this summer I took a trip to New York and had a chance encounter with a...

Cuban Vocalist Xiomara Alfaro
The Lark of Music: Cuban

As the winter temperatures drop in the northern hemisphere, it helps to listen to the hot Cuban...

Page 1 of 1112345»10...