It is refreshing to see men whose word is their bond. It is also inspiring to see that there are still athletes who display all of the qualities of a true role model. Such is the case of New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards who made good on a promise he made a few years ago to send 100 Cleveland area kids to college. Edwards will be giving $1 million to the ADVANCE 100 program, which was established by his foundation while he played in Cleveland. Although he has dubbed himself the “2nd most hated man in Cleveland,” he never faltered on his promise and stands by that fact that he’s a man of his word.
“Guys, enjoy and embrace your new beginnings,” Edwards tweeted, “and remember your promise to me, to reach back & help someone else along the way.” Hopefully these young people will follow in the footsteps of their mentor and stay true to their word to play it forward. Giving back to the community helps to foster a culture of hope and inspiration.
Latest posts by Nekita (see all)
- Torn between Love and Family - October 9, 2014
- Men Get Breast Cancer Too, Ask “Shaft” - October 6, 2014
- The Sambia Tribe’s initiation from Boyz to Men - September 24, 2014
- Legalize Porn in Africa and the Caribbean!! (Y/N) - September 23, 2014
- Tracing African descendants in INDIA - September 23, 2014
- Breast Ironing in Africa ? - June 7, 2014
- Island Girls are Crazy! Ask Chris Brown - December 12, 2013
- I am Not My Brother’s Keeper - April 2, 2013
- Debate: Belgian MP refuses to support the “neo-colonialist operation” in Mali - March 5, 2013
- Happy Independence Day to the Republic of Kenya! - December 12, 2011