Siphiwo, who was chosen by former president Nelson Mandela to perform at the opening ceremony of the tournament in Johannesburg on June 11, had been admitted to the Livingstone Hospital Port Elizabeth last week.
It is reported that his new anthem, Hope, speaking the words: ‘The generosity of the human spirit can overcome all adversity. Through compassion and caring we can create hope. We can create hope.’ featured Nelson Mandela
‘Killing headache, body aches, vomiting but the doctor says it’s just fever.’ was his last post on Facebook.
We have lost a bright star on earth, a bright star of Africa, the son that sang at churches where his father preached, a product of London’s Royal College of Music. An opera singer who stood out like a Mozart, Donizetti, Verdi and Puccini, drawing attention from Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Prince Albert of Monaco.
We have lost a friend, a brother a son, a star. May his soul rest in peace, and may his spirit still sing Tenor with Africa and the rest of the world in the World Cup 2010 and beyond.
Latest posts by cadmin (see all)
- Bring back the soul of folk - December 15, 2014
- Still Remembering Yosra El-Essawy, R.I.P - December 15, 2014
- Break the chains off and “Be Free” [A heartfelt J.Cole LIVE ] - December 11, 2014
- It’s Not So Black And White [Spoken Word] - December 11, 2014
- Did Micheal Jackson prophecy about Eric Garner, Bill Cosby, etc? - December 8, 2014
- Ugandan deaf boy silent for 15yrs, now Speaks. [An inspirational Video] - December 7, 2014
- Wu-Tang Clan just put me in tears with “A Better Tomorrow” - December 6, 2014
- A message from me Mandela to the Police and my people who suffer - December 5, 2014
- An Amazing tribute to Mandela by this lil ‘Maya Angelou’ Botlhale - December 5, 2014
- Hip-hop ‘hands up’ explicitly on police brutality: Watch Video by Uncle Murda & Maino - December 5, 2014