One of South London’s biggest exports has been lover’s rock riddimz. While it was orijinally created to fit within the more conservative London reggae scene, lovers rock has become a staple of reggae music worldwide. Incorporating the smooth sounds of soul music and reggae baselines and riddimz, lovers rock tunes have emerged as one of the leading feel good music of all times.
While as a teenager British lovers rock singer Louisa Marks was the first to attain a lovers rock hit in 1975 with her single “Caught You in a Lie”, other artists such as Gregory Isaac, Freddie McGregor, Donna Marie and Maxi Priest have also been able to captivate the world with their smooth feel good sounds.
Whether you are catching a licckle bubble from the pretty girl at a BBQ or just enjoying a cold Red Stripe beer while listening to some loves rock on your porch/veranda or just sharing a tender moment with that special someone, it’s all about the positive the feel good vibes lovers rock music brings!
Enjoy some lovers Rock:
Latest posts by Nekita (see all)
- Before Rihanna there was Grace Jones - December 27, 2014
- Marimba: Expression of Freedom, yet my Afro-Ecuadorians… - December 25, 2014
- Who Makes Claim to Being the Reggae Capital of the World? - December 24, 2014
- Rejected from both. Is Mixed Race “really” better? - December 24, 2014
- Untold story behind Bangles (Manillas) – A “Slave Trade Money” to the must have jewellery - December 23, 2014
- See Somalia as a Nation of Poets and NOT Just famine - December 16, 2014
- Why are we so Willing to Leave our Homelands Behind? - December 16, 2014
- Before Facebook was the “Talking Drum” - December 15, 2014
- Have you heard of “The BLACK Mozart” ? Chevalier de Saint-George, the 1st Afro-French to…. - December 9, 2014
- Tambú: The banned Music & Dance of Afro-Curaçao - November 30, 2014