One of South London’s biggest exports has been lover’s rock riddimz. While it was orijinally created to fit within the more conservative London reggae scene, lovers rock has become a staple of reggae music worldwide. Incorporating the smooth sounds of soul music and reggae baselines and riddimz, lovers rock tunes have emerged as one of the leading feel good music of all times.
While as a teenager British lovers rock singer Louisa Marks was the first to attain a lovers rock hit in 1975 with her single “Caught You in a Lie”, other artists such as Gregory Isaac, Freddie McGregor, Donna Marie and Maxi Priest have also been able to captivate the world with their smooth feel good sounds.
Whether you are catching a licckle bubble from the pretty girl at a BBQ or just enjoying a cold Red Stripe beer while listening to some loves rock on your porch/veranda or just sharing a tender moment with that special someone, it’s all about the positive the feel good vibes lovers rock music brings!
Enjoy some lovers Rock:
Latest posts by Nekita (see all)
- Africa is still born in us : Garifuna in Latin America - November 22, 2014
- I am not African : Afro-Descendants in Dominican Republic - November 21, 2014
- Capoeira, beyond the human eyes - November 18, 2014
- Torn between Love and Family - October 9, 2014
- Men Get Breast Cancer Too, Ask “Shaft” - October 6, 2014
- The Sambia Tribe’s initiation from Boyz to Men - September 24, 2014
- Legalize Porn in Africa and the Caribbean!! (Y/N) - September 23, 2014
- Tracing African descendants in INDIA - September 23, 2014
- Breast Ironing in Africa ? - June 7, 2014
- Island Girls are Crazy! Ask Chris Brown - December 12, 2013